Tuesday, January 23, 2018

Must-Have Baby Items

Since becoming a mom, I know there are many things I have and don't use, yet there are a lot of things I don't have and wish I did. We are all surviving, though! Here is my list of top items to have.

Hudson Baby Swaddle Blankets



These swaddles are my ABSOLUTE favorite. They are extra stretchy, large, and soft! They are my favorite swaddles by far, and we still use them even though he doesn't stay swaddled. Some swaddles are not as flexible and almost feel scratchy, but these I LOVE.

Keekaroo Changer

In a few words - WORTH THE MONEY. My sister had this, and my mom begged me to also get it. I thought it was too big of an expense, but Cash LOVES this bad boy. I put him on it and he will talk, smile, giggle, and is comfortable enough on it that I can put together his cloth diapers while he is busy looking at the wall/peeing on the floor. Negative side - it is rubbery in texture, so it's a little cold on his bum/feet/back when changing and it's cold in the house. We have a few receiving blankets dedicated to being put on this, and we also keep a cloth diaper insert under his head for spit ups.

Munchkin Bottle Drying Rack
We go through so many bottles now that I'm back at work, and this bad boy never gets put up. It is functional enough for me, and I'm happy with it!

Leachco Lounger

My niece had one of these, and OMG LOVE. We affectionately call it "The Pod" and it's a great resting place. We put it on the couch next to us when we watch TV, he naps in it, and just hangs out and talks to us in this. It's great!

Graco Pack N Play
Although there are SO many brands of this, we got the Graco one for the price, and it does its job just perfectly. Cash has slept in it since he was about three days old and didn't take to the Rock N Play. It's super easy to pack up and take with us anywhere, as well!

Boba Wrap

I love my Boba Wrap! It was a lifesaver when traveling by plane, because you don't even have to take the little toot out of it to go through security. Downside? It gets VERY hot, especially when you have a furnace like I do. I think that's a common complaint with the Boba Wrap and a lot of soft wraps, but we also have the Infantino 4-in-1 carrier that Blake can use if he ever wants to and is a little more practical/functional for Dad.

Infant Optics Monitor
This is great! Blake enjoyed putting it together. We use it for naptime now, but we are almost ready to move Cash to his crib full time, so we will get more use out of it.

Munchkin Wipe Warmer
Not sure if you should get a wipe warmer? Get one. But- No, really. Get one. It makes it better on you and the babe. I'm so glad we ended up getting one.

Fisher-Price Sit Me Up

We love this! I know not all babies love this, but we have used it a lot. I don't love the toys that come attached, so I added a rattle and a teething toy and attached them. No biggie. This really is awesome, though!

Nose Frida
Just get it. Don't think about it when you use it. It works miracles. (Pair with saline spray.)


Cloth Diaper Must Haves
Osocozy Insert
We use this brand and the Dandelion brand (black stitching in Osocozy, dark green in Dandelion) to stuff our cloth diapers (we use pocket diapers.) These are the most absorbent!

Ikea Octopus
Makes drying cloth diapers so easy, plus it just hangs up in his closet.

Planet Wise Pail Liner
We just bought a new trash can (seriously, like $5 at Walmart,) and put this in it. We usually get about a week out of it (washing diapers every other night,) and then it just goes right into the wash with teh cloth diapers and hung up to dry. No touching poopy diapers!

Sprayer
Have not used this yet, and won't until solid foods, but don't forget your sprayer!

Natural Butt Paste
Great brand, and can use on cloth diapers!


Things We Got But Never Took To
Turtle Bath Thermometer

We loved this for about a month, but then the screen stopped working, so it just shined as a color. Now the color is even off. Just wasn't the best quality. I probably wouldn't get a bath thermometer again, because just feeling the water is good to find a comfortable temperature to me.

Swaddler
I'm not sure we ever had this exact brand of swaddler, but we had multiple brands, and Cash HATED being swaddled from the beginning.

Boppy
I WISH I loved my Boppy as much as I wanted to. I'm not sure why I never took to it. Cash uses it as a pillow sometimes, but for breastfeeding, it never worked for me. I always just used a fluffy pillow.

Nursing Bra
I have some nursing bras I love - this is NOT one. The armholes are too small to me. Just uncomfortable. The end.

Snuza Hero
We bought this, have this, never used it. Not sure why. We just changed his diaper SO much when he was small that it was just another thing to add. Also, he loves sleeping on his belly.

Other must-haves
Lanolin (if breastfeeding)
Gripe water (Not sure if it ever worked, but maybe gave me some ease of mind?)
Infant tylenol
Gas drops
Burp cloths
Small rags (we have extra cloth diapers, as well as homemade cloth wipes that we constantly use)
Lots of jammies (we go through these like crazy)
Socks and MITTENS (his poor hands would get so cold, so he wore these for like 2 months!)
Sea-sponge bath sponge (super soft!)
Bath sling
Breast pump (I have only tried Medela, but I love it and Cash took those bottles immediately!)

Thanks for reading! I may make an updated post once he is a little older!

No comments:

Post a Comment