Wednesday, January 31, 2018

The Hate U Give - Angie Thomas



One of my favorite books I have read in a while. As a warning, there are drugs, violence, race issues, cussing, and more in this book. But it's truly written in a language that is fun to read, and with a story that is hard to put down. I can't wait until the movie is made!'

I think this book makes me want to read more books written about/for/by minorities. I will try to fit that into my yearly challenge of 25 books!

On to the next!

Notable Quotes
"At an early age, I learned that people make mistakes, and you have to decide if their mistakes are bigger than your love for them."

"That's the problem. We let people say stuff, and they say it so much that it becomes okay to them and normal for us. What's the point of having a voice if you're gonna be silent in those moments you shouldn't be?"

"Sometimes you can do everything right and things will still go wrong. The key is to never stop doing right."

No comments:

Post a Comment